«SETTING PEER REVIEW INSTRUMENTS AND GOALS FOR MEDICAL (HEALTH)
Avicenna Tajik State Medical University is a participant of the ERASMUS+ project " SETTING PEER REVIEW INSTRUMENTS AND GOALS FOR MEDICAL (HEALTH)” / SPRING. The overall aim of the proposed project is to enhance the quality of medical education in the involved partner countries and contribute to the onset of changes of the same character in the rest of former Soviet countries.
1. Raising awareness on peer review process as an effective instrument for substantiating ongoing improvements in academic and administrative domains of medical schools in targeted partner countries and beyond.
2. Establishing a multinational peer review board (MPRB).
3. Establishing and building consistency for a continuous peer-review process of academic programs and processes and administrative policies, procedures and actions across the targeted partner countries and beyond.
4. Capacity building of faculty members and administrative staff in: a. conducting effective self assessment tasks; and b. peer reviewing of their vis-à-vis.
5. Establishing an annual scientific-practical journal of “Peer Review in Medical/Health Education for Eastern Europe and Central Asia (PRIMED-EECA)”.
6. Enhancing internationalization of HEIs in partner countries.
7. Disseminating the information on project achievements and other final products (actual review reports, PRIMED-EECA, case-reports, recommendations, etc.) to participant institutions in program and partner countries as well as respective ministries and national agencies concerned with health/education in EECA at large.
Expected project results:
1. Raising awareness of the peer review process in the academic and administrative fields in partner country institutions
2. Establishment and operation of a multinational peer review board on a permanent basis.
3. Achieving a sustainable interface between the peer review process of academic programs and the administrative policies, procedures and actions in the partner country's institutions.
4. Achievement the ability of faculty members and administrative staff to directly and effectively implement review tasks.
5. Increasing the level of internationalization of higher education institutions in the partner countries
1. Medical University-Sofia (Lithuania)
2. Lithuanian University of Medical Sciences (Lithuania)
3. BAU International University, Batumi (Georgia)
4. Tbilisi State Medical University (Georgia)
5. Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy (Georgia)
6. Georgian National University (Georgia)
7. Nicolae Testemitanu State University of Medicine and Pharmacology (Moldova)
8. Technical University of Moldova (Moldova)
9. Sakharov International Ecological Institute of the Belarusian State University (Belarus)
10. Grodno State Medical University (Belarus)
11. Kazakh National Medical University. Asfendiyarova (Kazakhstan)
12. Medical University of Karaganda (Kazakhstan)
13. Abuali ibni Sino Tajik State Medical University (Tajikistan)