This to kindly inform you that due to the epidemiological situation in the country, the admission committee of the State Educational Institution "Avicenna Tajik State Medical University" is conducting consultation on the issues of admission to the university in DISTANCE FORMAT.
➢ The interview will take place after August 21-28;
➢ Proficiency of one of the following languages is MANDATORY:
✓ Tajik ✓ Russian ✓ English
The procedure of admission to Avicenna TSMU Dushanbe, Tajikistan for the 2021-2022 academic year
1. Reception of documents for foreign student, who wish to study a t ATSMU starts from July 20 to August 20.
2. After verification of documents by admission committee on compliance to requirement, the foreign citizens could be allowed to an interview.
3. The Admission of foreign citizens is carried out with an interview, by the members of admission committee, the representatives of faculties and the representatives from linguistic and theoretical department.
4. After an interview, if the results will be positive, in accordance with the Order of the Rector, full payment of the tuition fees for the academic year until October 30 and signing a bilateral agreement between the University and foreign citizen, a foreign citizen officially can be enrolled in the ranks of students. In the case of violation of the payment term, the student would be excluded from university.
NB! Individuals who have dual citizenship (Russian-Tajik) but who graduated from the school on the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan cannot enter to the group of foreign students. They need to enter to ATSMU only through the National Testing Center under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The list of documents for admission process in ATSMU
► Personal application of applicant to the name of rector with indication of the faculty and language details (in which group you will study: tajik, Russian or English- only for medical faculty);
► Certificate of completion of the general educational school (the original one);
► Medical certificate of medical health, absence of HIV/ AIDS virus, with official registration issued by the official health authority of the sending authority (the original one is required);
► Fluorography with the doctor report (original);
► Certificate of state accreditation of an educational institution where citizen has been educated (a copy of the certificate and notarized translation);
► Copy of passport with visa and valid registration (during stay of the Republic of Tajikistan), migration card;
► 10 color photos (3x4 cm).
The department carries out activities related to the registration of foreign citizens and the extension of visas for 1 year. ATSMU cooperates with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan and the Migration Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan.
► Every foreign citizen, for admission to ATSMU should write an application addressed to the rector of the university. After acceptance of the application by the rector, the department of international relations undertakes to send an invitation;
► On the basis of this invitation, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the republic of Tajikistan and their representatives in foreign country (the Embassy of RT) obtain the entry visa for foreign citizens to Tajikistan;
► On the basis of bilateral intergovernmental agreement on visa-free entry to Tajikistan, the citizens of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan has free entry regime;
► Documents of foreign students are submitted to the Migration Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan for a one-year renewal of registration. For students who apply for recovery and admission, temporary residence permits are provided.
According to the law, within 3 days after entry into the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan (except off days), foreign students have to bring all the documents to the Department of International Relations of the University in order to submit to the appropriate authorities. To renew the visa, you have to present your documents 25 days before the expiration of the previous year's visa.
To obtain or extend a visa, the following documents are required:
1) Copy of passport;
2) 2 photos (5x6 cm);
3) 2 copies of the registration card (Form 16);
4) Certificate of absence of HIV / AIDS;
5) Copy of the student card (in color format) - to extend the visa;
6) Copy of the record book (in color format) - to extend the visa;
7) Copy of the order of enrollment to the university (in color format), and a copy of document of the transfer from course to course;
8) A copy of the agreement between the university and a foreign citizen.
Climate of Tajikistan
The Republic of Tajikistan is located in Central Asia in the Pamirs foothills.
Tajikistan is located in the subtropical belt, but due to the fact that it is far from the seas and oceans, the climate is sharply continental with significant fluctuations in day and night temperatures, as well as significant seasonal fluctuations. The climate is also affected by mountain massifs, which occupy 94.1% of the country's territory. Therefore, all 4 seasons are presented in full.
From June to October in Dushanbe there is a pronounced dry season, from December to May - wet. Spring is relatively rainy with frequent thunderstorms. The average temperature of spring from +10 ° C to +20 ° C. Summer temperatures range from + 25 ° C to + 30 ° C, with absolute highs in July to + 43 ° C. The beginning of autumn is relatively dry, but already by November it becomes rainy and damp. Winter temperatures averaged about 0 ° C with absolute minima at night from -16 ° C to -26 ° C. Although winters are short, but can be very wet and snowy. Therefore, for foreign students arriving in their southern countries, it is necessary to provide winter clothing and winter shoes.